Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rough Night

This evening we got some more bad news when it comes to this dang house. Expect this blog in the next day or two, I have to let it fester a bit!

Anyways...I read Big Mama's blog about her sweet Caroline and it was a gentle reminder that life isn't really as bad as it seems. It was one of those reminders where you almost feel silly for being so upset over something trvial (only for a second - after a few minutes I needed another gentle reminder) and are a bit more thankful for the BIG things in life.

I shed a few (okay, a lot) of tears, closed down my pc (after crying to both of my playgroups on the mssg boards) and went to lay in my bed to watch the end of AI. JD was laying in my bed as well and he immediatly grinned when I walked in. "Lay down" he said. Ok (like he had to twist my arm or something), I curled up next to him and cried a little more. A few minutes later he pointed to my eyes and said, "What's that?" "Uhhh....my eye." Then in the most gentle, most precious voice he said, "No mommies, their butterflies," as in butterfly kisses. He then gave me the sweetest butterfly kiss, eyes fluttering and all.

And once again I say...it's okay, because I have the most important thing of all - an amazing husband (who's let me cry over this and even rubbed my shoulders) and a beautiful baby boy who thinks eyes were specially made for butterfly kisses. Big Mama said it best, at the end of the day...this is what matters.

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

Such a sweet post!!! I love your sweet friend Amanda! She has been such a blessing to me. This post brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait until our 15 month old daughter knows what butterfly kisses are.