My Sweet Baby Girl,
You turned 6 months on Saturday and I am still kind of in shock. I'm not sure how we got to this point so quickly. Actually, I do know how - it's called 4 months of crying and unhappiness. You know that saying, "Time flies when you are having fun?" Well I have a new one, "Time is a blur when you have a wrinkly, unhappy, colicky infant." Oh my sweet one, what a joy you are now. You are the most precious thing I have ever laid eyes on. I am pretty sure your brother was equally as precious, but your beautiful face is all I can see right now. You have a smile that lights up the room. Literally. I have never in my life been stopped so many times for people to just look at you. It really does take me twice as long to take JD to MDO, to go to the store, to take you to doctor appointments, to dine at a restaurant, to get into church, to get out of church (especially if we are near the older classes), to do just about anything with you. Everyone has to have a look. You are truly something special. The other Sunday we were sitting in service and you started to get a little loud, so daddy offered to take you out so mommy could stay and listen. When I got out of service, I found you in daddy's arms literally covered in a glitter. I asked what in the world was all over you and he said it was probably from one of the 50 women that came up and held you. Your brother is also head over heels for you. He is constantly trying to make you laugh. He makes you a part of all his make-believe games. Just today you were Daphne from Scooby-Doo. I can't wait to see you follow him all over the place in a few months. Wait, I can wait...not too fast my love.
You are so much fun right now. I do remember this being one of my favorite times with your brother. Thank you for bringing such joy into our lives. You have captured all of our hearts.
A few of my Favorites:
- You blow raspberries, but it's the funniest face I've seen you make thus far. You can pooch your lips out so far and then you just blow with such a look of determination.- Speaking of raspberries - your lips. They are beautiful and red as can be. This you did not inherit from me but your daddy - you can thank him later!
- You watch everyone with such interest, especially your brother and daddy. The minute they walk in the room your eyes are glued to them.
- You love watching basketball. I am hoping this means you will enjoy watching it when you are older, NOT PLAY it. I spent many years cheering for girl's basketball - please don't make me do it all over again in 12 years.
- You LOVE to eat. Goodness, you eat and eat and eat. You will eat 2 entire jars of baby food mixed with cereal at lunch and dinner and then nurse for 15 minutes. Speaking of, you are a great little nurser and I've been blessed to nurse you for 6 months. I plan on doing so until a year.
- When you get excited you spin your little feet. It's hilarious!!! It looks like the lady on "Sit and Be Fit" - you rotate your feet extremely fast anytime you get worked up (usually you are eating).
- You are a great sleeper.
- You always smell so good. Except when you poop. That smells really (REALLY) bad.
- Dressing you up. As EVERYONE on my picture-email knows. You are my baby doll and have the most adorable outfits and bows. We love getting dressed in the morning.
- You! You are my most favorite girlie in the entire world.
A few pictures...
Our first time with peas. We aren't too sure...
Really?! This is food...
OK...maybe they aren't so bad!
OH! Do give me more...
Sitting Up - Playtime!
Again with the tongue
Eating our toes at the doctor's office today (and weighing in at 15lbs 2oz)
I have to add one funny one of JD. This is him sound asleep the other night - a spitting image of his daddy!!
Like Storms Without Rain
4 weeks ago