Monday, April 21, 2008

Some Ramblin'

Keepin' it short and sweet...


JD is obsessed with our dog Max. And by obsessed, I mean lives to torture the poor thing. And by torture, I mean poke, hang, walk, lay, sit, and all things completely torturous to anything walking on four legs. I do mean obsessed and torture in the best possible way. In this loving torturous way that only a 3 year old can do, he daily walks Max around the house. He gets the pink sash to my Pink! VS robe and ties it around Max's waist. He then proceeds to drag Max around the house or contain him to one area (like when he's watching cartoons) all day long. While doing so he asks us, "Do you like my white tiger mama? He's white!" It's a little reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite. If he starts telling me that a liger is like his most favorite animal or ending each sentence with "Gosh..." I might start to worry. Today he was walking...errr...dragging Max and said, "This is my pucky dog kitty cat dog." He's a white one." So...we know he's white and he's either a tiger, a pucky dog, or a kitty cat. But he is white.


I was tucking JD in bed this evening and we were saying our prayers. As usual, I do the first half and then he finished by thanking Jesus for whatever his heart desires or blessing everyone under the sun. Tonight he did a little of both..."Thank you Jesus for blessing my Kenzie-Girl. And thank you for..." and he went on to speak some gibberish (did you know that is spelled with a 'g'? I totally thought it was a 'j' - thank you Jesus for spellcheck!) about Max and not making a mess. I asked him if he had anything else to say to Jesus and he said "Yes...Max likes dog food." Ya know...just in case you didn't know that, Jesus. Our dog (or tiger, pucky dog kitty cat) likes dog food. As oppose to tiger food. Or pucky dog kitty cat food. Whatever that may be.

4 comments:

Amy said...

poor Max ;-) I guess that is why "All dogs go to heaven" !!!

Melissa M. Williams said...

I am just cracking up! JD is so fun. Keep em coming! That imagination will turn into something great when he is an adult!!!! I love it! He gets it from you I suppose!

kris said...

i knew there was a reason why chase and jd get along so well ~ sadie girl is just happy that someone is playing wih her, i guess that's what max thinks too ... we hope =)

Chris & AnnMarie said...

hey steph...
just tagged you! check our blog for the rules!

Ann marie