Friday, June 13, 2008

Quick HFD!

I don't have long because I am about to head out the door to meet a few girlfriends. Happy Father's Day to me. I kid. He gets to go the the 'Stros game tomorrow and see the Yankees in the flesh, so whatever.

I am a couple days behind on my Father's Day posting. It's my kids fault. JD wants to swim and MacKenzie needs updivided attention. It' ok, worth every minute!

I will highlight to of the reasons I love my sweet husband tonight.

One, he's as handsome as he was the day I met him. I know this is a superficial reason, but seriously, he's eye candy and it's the most wonderful things to be attracted to your man. I will never forget the first time I met Jimmy. It was at Sonic. It was only a week or so before school started back, I was going to be a Sophomore. Jimmy was coming back to our school after going to another school in our district for a year. He was there with some friends he knew and was at the time, seeing a best friend of mine. I remember thinking that he was the most gorgeous person I'd ever laid eyes on.

I continued to admire him from afar that year. We never really talked or hung out. I thought he was so out of my league. He was really cool and had that real arrogant attitude, or so I thought. I was the blonde cheerleader, who was more than a little talkative, and usually pretty goofy. We just seemed worlds apart.

The summer before I started my junior year I was dating a friend of Jimmy's. By this point all of the older guys Jimmy hung out with had left and he was hanging out with the people in his class. Just days before school was back in session I was on the phone with Dane, who I was dating. He put my on hold forever and Jimmy got on to chat while Dane was doing whatever. We talked, and talked, and talked. I think my pits were doing some serious sweating I was so excited. We started school and had a class together. We became friends and I was smitten. He had a crazy girfriend who wasn't thrilled. Jimmy had a big New Years party that year and I went b/c by this time, we were part of the same group of friends. I left my jacket over there and it was the perfect oppurtunity to call him. And then he called me. Every night after that. Before long we were dating, and many drama-filled months later, we were serious. That was 8 years ago. Crazy...

And I still think he is as sexy as he was in the Sonic parking lot 9 years ago. I love it. I love the fact that he's the most gorgeous person I will see all day and that he's mine. I am blessed to have my very own Ken doll.

I also love how much of a family person Jimmy is. He loves spending time with us and with his and my whole family. We taken soooo many family vacations. At least 5 a year, usually more. We take trips with just my parents and sister and brothers. We take trips with his family. We take trips with extended family. We stay weeks with my Nana and PawPaw in Mississippi. Seriosuly, he may love my Nana more than me. They are pretty crazy about one another. As close as Nana and I have always been, she pretty much waits hand and foot on Jimmy. It is so funny. I thknk he cares about that woman as much as he cares about anyone else. He is truly something special. Family has always been a huge deal to me. I LOVE being with mine and I am blessed to have a man that loves being with mine as well as is, and a man that my family is crazy about!

I love you my sexy, family man!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love reading love stories....you and Jimmy together make a wonderful beautiful family. We are blessed to have in our lives.