Thursday, September 04, 2008

4 Years...

Four years ago at this exact time (4:30) I was standing in a dressing room, surrounded by my closest friends and family, crying a little and laughing a lot. I was watching my mom take pictures and watching my friends giddy with excitement. I was on the receiving end of something old (a hankerchief that was made for me when I was a baby), something new (my jewelry and dress), something borrowed (my sister-in-law's ring that was given to her by Jim, my FIL), and something blue (why, my garter of course). I was trying soooo hard not to cry so my makeup wouldn't smear. I was laughing at Ashley who was frantically trying to get her dress sewn where it ripped while being put on. I was watching my Nana do the sewing. I was praying that I would not fall. I was watching Lindsey and fussing at her to pull it together!! I was watching my precious neice and thinking she was the most beautiful flower girl I'd ever seen. I was at the starting block of my new life.

Four years ago I married my best friend.

Four years ago I made a promise to one man, my man, to love, honor, and obey.

Four years ago I became one of the first of my friends to marry (besides you Riss).

Four years ago I was pinching myself, not believing it was real.

Four years ago I became Mrs. Stephanie Vandagriff.

Today, I am still pinching myself - still unable to believe that this is my life, in awe of it all.

I don't know that I would say it was love at first sight. Maybe, "Oh my goodness...he's sooo hot!" (I was in highschool) at first sight! But not love. Love followed shortly after. Jimmy and I dated 4 years prior to getting married, that means we have been together a little over 8. Holy Moly. It's no secret that we have had our moments, especially years 1-2.5. A lot of moments to be more exact. We have had some of the absolute best times. And some of the worst. I have cried and loved more than I knew possible in the last 8 years.

I love Jimmy more than I can put into words. He is my best friend. My soulmate. My handsome husband. An incredible father. An incredible son and brother. A wonderful person.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with someone so wonderful. Thank you for letting me marry my best friend. I want so badly to grow old and wrinkly with that man. I want to sit on the porch overlooking the lake or river one day and just be.

Happy Anniversary My Favorite! I love you!

Mr. & Mrs. Jimmy Vandagriff
Photobucket



Photobucket

10 comments:

Felicia said...

Tears are pouring down my face. Congrats.

Aimee' said...

how beautiful!! my wedding is in 30 days...and this just makes me more anxious!! happy anniversary!!

Rachel Lee Broussard said...

I am so happy for y'all.I remember it just like yesterday when you came to the lunch table and said, "god, he's so hot". I can not believe that was 8 years ago! keep on truckin, love y'all to pieces

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary, sweet friend!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary !!! The tears are a flowing....

erin said...

hey stephanie! you recently checked out my blog "charlottemommydiaries". my little munckin is 15 months. did you find me on pinkarmchair designs? i love your blog and look forward to stopping by regularly! are you in the charlotte area--i couldn't tell if it's charlotte or texas as i thought i saw some references to charlotte. let me know as i love your new business too! i just started a new business as well--super cute monogrammed items www.mythirtyone.com/ejackson. keep in touch!

I am Trish Marie said...

Happy Annivrsary!

The Barfuss Family said...

Hope you enjoyed your Anniversary. LOVED your recap of the special day.

August said...

wow! What a wonderful post! :o) Happy Anniversary! You both are such an inspiration to me... someone who is looking forward to getting married in a year! :o)

Thanks for the post!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary, Love! I can't believe that it has already been 4 years since I walked down your isle too! :O) I started having memory flash backs of the dressing room, and how beautiful you looked. I was and still am so happy for you ... what a wonderful woman you have become, yet always were! I love you more and more each day! You and Jimmy are by far the cutest inside and out!