Thursday, April 12, 2007

Back in Time

Very rarely do we have the oppurtunity to step back in time. It's not very often than we can time-travel back to our childhood and relive a few moments again. We look at pictures and remember old times and if we are lucky, we can watch home movies and enjoy those precious years for a bit longer!!

Last night I had this oppurtunity. My dad came across an old cassette tape when he was cleaning out the house. What was on the tape was...prcieless.

I was a bit of an entertainer growing up. This is something that still haunts me...literally haunts me when I watch home movies because it's a tad bit embarrassing now. The stuff when I was little isn't too bad because I'm 8 or 9. The other stuff howeber, yikes!! There's nothing more embarassing than watching my cousin and I at age 14 breaking it down to the Macarena and to "I Like to Move it, Move it" by Reel 2 Real (this is pre-Madagascar - thank you)!! It's near torture watching it with Jimmy because his accusations of me of being a complete dork when I was younger are confirmned (and I enjoyed every minute of my dorkiness)!!

So anyways, I go to my mom's last night to listen to this old cassette and it was the most amazing thing I've ever heard. For an hour I got to be 8 again. I go to laugh at myself and my friends again. One of the friends in the tape is still one of my closest friends to this day - we are as close as sisters. Ashley and I literally grew up together. Until we were in junior high, it feels like we spent every waking moment together. Once we went to different schools and she moved off of our street, we drifted a bit but when we got together it was like no time passes. Once we were older and in high school, we becamse a bit closer. Now, we are as close as we were when we were kids. Maybe closer because our mom's no longer have to call one another to break up our fights. This girl is one of the most precious people in my life and it was the neatest thing hearing us be kids again. I can hardly wait for her to get home from school to listen to it!!!!

Anyways...my mom's already blogged this because it was just as special for her. She wrote the most sweetest things and together we enjoyed reliving my childhood once again. I can't wait to share this one day with my kids...now do you see why I want a daughter soo??? Here's my mom's reaction to it all - Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kim Gannon said...

My Precious Sweet Pea, It is indeed something we can both treasure forever. What a wonderful blessing that a single, old cassette tape could bring!!! I love you dearly! Mom