Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Girl Done Gone Ghetto

The eagle has landed. That's my new phrase of choice. But maybe it should be the goose has landed, as in Mother Goose, as in I am back home.

Sunday evening I returned home to a mostly-clean (mad props to dad) house!! I spent 3 glorious days in Hot Sprins, AK with my some of my favorite ladies - my Nana, my mom, and my sister. Y'all, it was a serious good time, seriously. We spent endless hours laughing and being silly. At one point we were laughing so hard that I seriously thought I was going to have to recessitate my mom!

My sister is ghetto-fabulous. Seriously...she's as white as the come. A beautiful blue-eyed, freckle-faced, sweet thang, but the girl's got some ghetto in her. She can seriously talk in the best ghetton-fab voice you've ever heard. So at any given moment this weekend you'd find yourself talking to Shaquita! I love her, seriously. My Nana on the other hand is not very ghetto. No, she's more of a southern-belle, minus the big hat. She's country, so a lot of times she didn't know what Shaquita was even saying. It didn't matter. Actually, by the end of the trip we had Nana singing "Dance, too much booty in the pants!" Seriously. Does your Nana do that?! That me and my sister's theme song. It's usually followed by some awesome, booty bumping move. Really, it's great. You can't make this stuff up.

Our trip was made even more exciting by the fact that we got to ride in my new ride. I got a new black Ford Expedition last week, whoo-hoo, and it was just perfect for our girl's trip!

I wish I had pictures to share but I forgot my camera. Luckily my mom and sis brought theirs, check out my mom's blog (hopefully up soon) for some photos!!





Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad y'all had a great time!

Amy said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I can't wait to see your new ride, and I love the "hat" pictures on your mom's blog.