Thursday, February 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So, we have finally settled into our new home. This is such a new experience for me. This is the first home I ever picked out and moved into (our old home Jimmy picked out and well...we never moved into the other 2 we had picked out before)! I can say that I hope to not move ever again - or at least for 10 years. Unless we win the lottery. In that case I'll hire packers, movers, unpackers, and decorators. And it will only be to relocate to a piece of land in a golf course community. LOL! That would make us both extrememly happy. Jimmy wants to live on the course and I want to live on land. And by land I don't mean 465 yards of freshly mowed and well taken care of fairway!

I just love our new house. JD loves it too. I had to run by our old one, now known as the "rent house," the other day after MDO and when we pulled into the neighborhood JD cries, "I don't want to go here, I want to go to my NEW house!!" He loves his room (I - not so much! I'm not a big fan of characters whatsoever!! And it's Thomas the Train. *shudder*) and tells it goodnight every night. Except tonight. He's currently sleeping on the guest bed as I type this because he fell asleep before bedtime. He's still holding the apple he was eating in one hand and the roller (as in a paint roller - clean of course) in the other! Really, what more does a 3 year old need than an apple and a paint roller? Happy as a lark that one!! He also loves his new playstructure (I know that most call it a swingset but I can not bring myself to say that because in our line of work it's referred to as a "play structure") and spends the majority of the day outside. It's very extravagent and glad it came with the house because I don't think his daddy would have spent that kind of money on a playstructure. Then again, if he would have known the hours of peace and quiet inside that it offers - maybe so! Needless to say...JD loves this place!

MacKenzie hasn't quite told me that she loves it, seeing that she's more of a beautiful blob right now. That being said, she's sleeping like crazy these days and no longer requires much rocking. GASP! She quietly falls asleep if I put her down! She is changing so much right now. I don't have any photos to share b/c I can't find my charger!! I believe this warrants a new camera very soon! Anyways...she's getting so much bigger which I love because this means new outfits. Really...when you have a girl, everyday is a fashion day!! It's so much fun! Her smile brightens my day and her laugh is so precious! She's lost much of her hair in the front (which I hide with the biggest bow/flower and headband possible) but it's beginning to grow back. However, this new hair is blonde. Which is great b/c I am hoping she'll have my former blonde hair. Except the hair in the back that never fell out is dark. So right now she's got blonde wispys in the front and a dark come-over like do in the back. Not so sure about that one. Is 4 months to early to start coloring a child's hair?? I KID!!

Jimmy and I are both getting settled very nicely as well. I am loving waking up in the morning, making some coffee, and having my quiet time with the light shining in through the numerous windows!! Beats the dark wood panelled living room we had before!!! It's such a wonderful thing to wake up to! I have also started a new devotional and I L-O-V-E it!!! It's this one and so far I am really enjoying it! I have to admit that all though I know many of the bible stories, it's just from what I was taught growing up in Sunday School. So in just the first week, which covers Gen 1-3. I have already learned so many new things!!! Anyways...would love to hear any feedback on this book!!

Well...better run. I need to hop in the shower and get in bed so I can wake up tomorrow in a good mood!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Steph, we own our new house as of tomorrow! So this post was fun for me to read. I'm glad you're loving your new place. I can't wait to see it soon and meet your kids! I am needing some wisdom for MDO programs to look into, so I have tons to ask you about. Love you!

marissa said...

Hey girl! I'm so happy for you. It's so wonderful to be in a house you love and can really feel like its YOUR home. I know you guys owned your other house, but there is just something about finding your house and moving and all the (not so) fun stuff that makes the feeling so peaceful. I know when we bought our house I felt as tho this huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and we had something to show for all our hard work.... now... if we could just put those floors in, paint everything and get the landscaping done, that'd be great! =) ha... congrats again... and thanks for using Shay for insurance haha

Melissa M. Williams said...

Oh my goodness, you moved! Yeah, this is so exciting to hear. I guess the timing was right after that little one arrived, right! I totally agree with the comment you left on my blog, and I have actually thought that same exact thought. I would love to do a Bible study or just commit to a weekly talk with you about the Lord. Knowing the two of us it would last until the wee hours of the night. I thank God, but I can't believe it took me this long to get so passionate about Christ. I want to talk about Him all the time now! You know I have been contemplating where I am to move to next, and anytime I think of Houston, I weigh pros and cons. Yes, I obsess! But one of the huge pros in my mind was getting to spend that kind of time with you! We have to feed ourselves spiritually you know. I have been doing studies with new girls in Dallas, but it would be so great to be with someone I am already so close to. I have know idea where I am suppose to be right now, so I am just trusting God to put me in the right place. More importantly I will be in Houston next Sunday through Wednesday, so lets get together then. I can't wait to hear what has been going on with your little flowers! JD just cracks me up now and I can't wait to see MacKenzie again! I completely admire the woman I have seen you become and you deserve to be proud. I can't wait for us to catch up!
Love you bunches,
Mel

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house, hopefully you are getting settled in quite nicely!!! Those mornings sitting, drinking coffee, looking out the windows sound awesome!!! Wishing you all the best!
Megan