Monday, February 11, 2008

...and we are counting down

Due to my lack of blogging over the last 4 or 5 months there's a ton to tell. Of course, that require a lot of time and that's one thing I just don't seem to have enough of. Most of it goes to a silly 3 year old and a precious and oh-so-needy 3-1/2 month old.

That being said, there is big news to share. In less that 4 days we will be the proud owners of a new home. Well, technically it's not brand new, but new to us and MUCH newer than the 30 year old home we currently live in! I am ecstatic and just a teeny tiny bit overwhelmed by the packing that needs to be done!!

Our new home is about 10 minutes from where we are now and in a golf course community, this of course is the MAIN ATTRACTION for Jimmy. So, as of next week I'll become a golfer's widow. I kid. It is exciting and I love it for JD. He's constantly asking to go golf and this way they can go and hit balls every afternoon if they want to. We are literally seconds away from the club house and located in the center of 3 different holes. And yada yada yada...can you tell how much I've heard Jimmy talk about this???

As far as "this old house"...see ya! No, it is bitter sweet. This is the house that we brought both of our kiddos home too. Our first house that Jimmy and I owned together. Our house that offered hours of entertainment in the summer with the pool (and hours of upkeep - this I will NOT miss). Our house with the BEAUTIFUL Live Oak in the backyard (this I will miss the most!!) It is sad to leave it. BUT, since we are simply renting it out for now, I can always drive by.

I will tell you more about our new home later, but will say that it's just perfect for us and I can't wait!! For now, I will pack - or blog so that I don't have to. Whatever.

Better get some sleep. Jimmy is taking off tomorrow so we can pack the playroom (yikes - I might donate half to the good will because there's more than any child will ever need in there) and JD's room while he's at MDO. TGFMDO (that's Thank Goodness For Mother's Day Out)!

1 comment:

marissa said...

Good luck with your packing! I know what a pain it can be, but it will be SO worth it once it's over!!! Just plan on not having to do it again for another 10 years! haha. =) Congrats on the new house... I'm so happy for you guys!