Monday, August 20, 2007

YEA...B's out of ICU

Here's the best update yet...

Sunday, August 19, 2007
From D...

B IS OFF LIFE SUPPORT AND OUT OF ICU
Watching what my little man has gone through in the last five weeks will make anyone believe in miracles!!! B is soooo strong! He puts me in mind of the gospel song called “Yet Still I Rise” –never to give up, never to give in against all odds…! (By Yolanda Adams). During B’s five week stay at the hospital, he has had 10 surgical procedures with 8 of them requiring anesthesia and a blood transfusion. This is a lot for anyone especially a 2 ½ year old little boy! Yet, through the Grace of God B is awake and off life support after being on life support for a week and asleep for 7 days!

I am so overwhelmed with emotions that it’s difficult to find the words to explain my thanks to GOD for saving my little man’s life and my appreciation for your non stop support. I am well aware that there is still a very long road ahead. We still have to find a way to get nutrition into B other than the vein, get him walking and talking again (I can’t wait to hear him say mommy and daddy) and clear up his phenomena. But, after seeing what B has overcome and knowing how strong he is (B has people praying for him all over the world). I know all of these things are attainable. I just have to be patient and take it one day at a time.

I have no idea how much longer we will be here at Texas Children’s Hospital. However, I am no longer worried about our length of stay here; I just want B to come home. I know this will happen one day which is very comforting to me. This thought is what I will hold on to. I will continue to keep you all posted when time allows. Thanks again for all of your support and prayers!!! The prayers are certainly working!!


Oh, we are on the 7th floor (PCU) again. PCU is a step down from ICU, but not the regular floor. B will still be monitored by the ICU doctors and watched closely during his preparation to move to the regular floor. However it’s looked at, this floor for us stands for improvement and we are excited about Byson’s improvement.

Can we all say AMEN together???!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will second that AMEN!!! Praise the Lord, miracles do happen and all we have to do is wait. We want so much for things to happen quickly, sometimes we forget that God has perfect timing! When it is the perfict time for that little man to go home to his new house and loving family, he will!! Happy and healthy as ever! OUr continued thoughts and prayers are with you all!!!