Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quick Update

I sooooo should be working, but an update is needed. Life has been busier than usual and I've had to take some time off. I have a feeling this time-off will continue until I get more done around here.

This post will mostly be dedicated to JD. We have almost hit the 2-1/2 mark, and right now we are at a very good place. Both JD and I. This goes out to all of my friends with two year olds, especially 2 year old boys. There are hard days ahead. Notice I said "hard" not bad. The 25 to 29 month stretch with JD has been the hardest so far. I have no doubt it will get harder in a few more months. That being said, we've hit a smooth patch. And it's nice - no, it's more than that, it's LOVELY!

I think the change is partly due to his ability to communicate and understand. It's funny, now that he can express himself a little better and also understand me - things are a lot easier!!

Some of my favorite things at the moment:

- The random "I love yous". He'll be walking through the house and just out of no where, "I wuv you mommy!" Yes...my heart melts.

- He's so sweet in the morning. I love going into his room and seeing that big smile. The first thing he says is, "Mommy, daddy at work?" We then talk a second before I take him out of bed. About halfway through his diaper change he says, "Good morning mommy!" I LOVE it!!!

- He strokes my hair and says, "I wike your hair"3

- He has an obsession with the phrase, "Touch it!" Now anytime he sees anything he likes (spiders, dirt, worms, babies) he tells me to "touch it" which is kinda awkward when he's referring to a lady holding a baby!

- He's very into wiping off your kisses so we've made a joke about this. Now when he kisses us we make a big spectacle about wiping them off. He laughs hysterically. It's not as funny when he kisses someone else and they don't react the same way because he then says, "Spit!" Meaning - spit out the kiss.

- He always asks, "Mommy, you cold?" If I say yes he gets me a blanket, if I say no he says, "I not cold either". It's so funny.

- He talks. He talks all the time. Sometimes he talks too much.

- He loves Fruit Loops - pronounced Fwoot Woops

- He loves his baby sister so much already! Some of the cute things he does are:
* randomly kisses my belly
* out of no where asks, "Where's Kenzie (short for MacKenzie)?"
* the other day he brought me a balloon and colored a face on it, he smiled and said, "It's Kenzie" and then hugged and kissed it.
* I put his hand on my belly while she was kicking and he said, "Poke it mommy"


Well, that's about it for now. I REALLY need to get some work done so I can go to bed at a decent hour. I'm taking JD in for pictures tomorrow. Promise to post those soon...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I loved reading this! And I think Kenzie is a great name for your baby girl.