Saturday, August 30, 2008

Worth the wait...

Happy Birthday to me!! Yes, I realize my birthday was 2 weeks ago, but I just now received my birthday present from Jimmy and I am so excited! So tonight, I am blogging from the comfort of my bed! Yea! I got a new laptop for my b-day and I am so excited. I say new, but what I really mean is my first. We've had a desktop since, well forever, so I am so excited about the mobility of this here thing. I also love that Jimmy and I can both be on the computer at the same time, which is huge! We fight nightly over the computer and I usually loose because he has important things, like school, to do....whatev! HAHA, anyways...no more of that. I can be on whenever, wherever!!! So cool...

So far we have had a pretty neat weekend. Hot, but neat. This past week our a/c went out upstairs. Which is not the end of the world because we spend majority of our day downstairs, it's just sleeping that is a bit uncomfortable and really hard on MacKenzie's naps. So anyways, last night we went over to Jimmy's moms to sleep. WHICH, was very convenient because we were also in need of a sitter. I attended my first book-launch and it was so much fun. BUT, it deserves it's very own post so I am going to wait for pictures and then post on it.

Today we went to Koi for some sushi and it was sooo good. Afterwards, Jimmy and I took the kids to my mom's to swim. My mom and family are out of town for the holiday weekend so we took advantage of the pool while they were gone. The pool and the a/c.

Tomorrow we have church and then we are working around here. We have a laundry list of things to do and need to get going on it. FUN...not really. One of the items on the list is babyproofing. Namely, putting locks on the cabinets. This is MacKenzie's new favorite thing - getting into the cabinets. So it's that time...I just can't wait!

Well...I need to get sleep. Will post more great things later!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Missy said...

Such a fun birthday gift! Glad you are enjoying it!

Tricia said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you are enjoying the laptop.