Monday, February 12, 2007

...a tough morning...

It's been a while since I've had a blog where I just let it all out.

What a day...and it's only 1:37. I'm not even sure where to begin...but I have to release this all before I start my Bible study. I literally laid JD down for his nap and said, "I NEED to do my Bible study and get before the Lord before I loose my mind." Oh yes...it has been on of those days.

I'm dealing with a few new challenges with JD. I'm not sure if this is part of the toddler years or if he's just being difficult. I'm sure it's the toddler thing but I think I feel more pathetic if I pretend I'm the only mom of a two-year old going through this.

JD won't eat. He refuses to eat just about everything. Some days he eats only one or two things, other days he eats one huge meal and hardly anything else. There are the rare days where he takes one or two bites but several times of day. This would of course be no big deal if he was weighing in with your average 2-year old, but at almost 25 months of age JD is barely pushing 23 pounds. I know babies who weigh this at 8 months!! The doctor is not overly concerned with this, just me. I do have him drinking PediaSure once a day and eating these NutraKid bars for added calories, but he rarely finishes the bar and typically only drinks 3/4 of the PediaSure. He's extremely active so I know that it's not affecting anything other than his weight, but it's still frustrating. I want him to eat and more importantly I want him to want to eat!! Everyone keeps telling me he'll eat when he's hungry...Really?? Because I'm pretty sure he'd go almost a full day without eating anything at all if I didn't sit him down and force him to take a bite. Which is just so much fun as he's crying and covering his eyes with his hands. Ahhh!!! I'm not exaggerating at all when I say he can go until at least noon without telling me he's hungry. He doesn't of course because I make him eat something - usually a few bites of dry cereal. I guess i just don't get it and I'm getting so frustrated trying to to get him to eat! This has been going on for a couple of weeks, and it's just getting worse! Pray for my patience and JD's appetite please.

I'm also so very tired. I'm not sure what it is. I'd love to think I'm pregnant but I don't think that's it. I mean, if I am it would have happened in the last 36 hours (in case you cared to know that much about our love life) and I think this would be pretty quick to be showing the signs. I'd also love to say that it's all the lovemaking that's got me worn out but I don't think that's it. I'm just beat!!! I could literally lay down and close my eyes and instantaneously fall asleep. I'm not usually this way either. If I make myself wash my face, get dressed, and put on clothes (and by this I don't mean sweat pants and a tshirt) I'm good to go until nighttime! But here I am mid-afternoon and I'm so tired. This of course is making me very cranky which in turn makes the above even harder to deal with!

Then there is the whole house dilemma. I want to sell and I want to find a house to buy! Jimmy and I are having a hard time agreeing on anything we look at. He wants a new house. He doesn't want to deal with the problems that can sometimes come with older houses. I like the feel and cleanliness of a new house. I love the big windows and open floor plans. I love the vaulted ceilings and the big tiled floors. I love the updated kitchens with granite counter tops. I love all of that, but I don't like yards with no trees. I want a big oak tree in my backyard and shade in my front yard. I want a street lined with everything from maple trees to magnolia trees. I want to stub my toe on acorns and complain about pine needles!! As much trouble as falling leaves are, I want them!! I want trees!! I might have been raised in Houston, but there's always a part of me that wants to live far from the city. This part obviously doesn't exists during shopping sprees since I favor Nordstroms and Arden B over Piggly Wiggly and Fred's Dollar General, but aside from that I want space. I also want young neighbors. I want JD to grow up with kids on the street like I did. I spent every waking moment outside playing. There were so many kids around us growing up, I always had a companion!! I want JD to walk out into the front yard and have to decide who's door to knock on first (with me standing at the front door watching because who are we kidding...things have changed)! It's just hard coming to an agreement. We have several homes we are looking at tomorrow that are pretty new (built in the last 5 years or so) and seem to have decent size yards with a tree or two. So we'll see... Oh, and they are affordable. We have agreed on one community but the houses are a little more than we want to spend. I mean..this girl does like to eat!

So I'm done unloading...now I'm asking for a few prayers. I'm going to go now! I need some Fruit of the Spirit...love you all!

No comments: