Thursday, May 01, 2008

Van-Fam Faves!

Apparently I am just full of useless information. Ok, maybe not useless but nothing that will get me into mesa! That being said, I do a lot of online shopping (or online-window shopping). I am usually the go-to person for those "Where do I get this?" questions. Felicia, you're totally responsible for this idea by the way. So, I thought because I have nothing better to do (like finish decorating my house, prepare for a bunch of family coming next month, or you know...pay bills) I'd start a new feature on my blog. A "My Top Picks" if you will. I can tell you right now that there will be A LOT of girly stuff because that's what I buy a lot of. But there should be plenty of others as well.

So, today marks the first post about Van-Fam Faves!

Van-Fam Fave #1!
One of my latest obsessions with summer fast approaching is being bronzed. And since apparently sun cancer is a major concern and there's that whole other wrinkle-issue, I am trying to avoid too much sun exposure. AND because we spend so much time at the lake and river I'd really like to have a little color in a suit. I've tried several of the self-tanners out there and even went did some Mystic Tanning. I haven't been all that thrilled with any (I am sure the Mystic is great for some - not for me) until I found this thing of beauty....Thank you Bath&Body Works!

This is by far the best sunless tanner I have ever used!! The smell is great and the "sticky-factor" is pretty low. I personally still think it has a tanning lotion/sunscreen smell to it, that kinda cocoa butter smell, but it's not bad at all. Not like chemically burned skin, like several others I've tried. It's also got the best results!! There's a dial on top where you "pick your shade" before dispensing it into your hand. I started on a pretty dark color to begin with because I tan fairly easily and I was amazed by the results. I usually use it about twice a week depending on what I have going on and like I said, LOVE IT! I totally recommend this to anyone who wants to quickly appear tan without tanning!! But remember to exfoliate and shave prior to using any tanners!!


Something great to top it off (also from BABW)


I also really love this product, BUT this probably won't work for everyone. It's a pretty dark bronzer and has a lot of glitter. It's not very subtle. I also don't recommend it for everyday use. I save this one for going out...

Well, there you have it. My first post featuring my current faves. I have a million more but will save them for future Van Fam Faves! posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I feel like I'm a part of something that's going to change the world as we know it.